The Public Service Commission of South Carolina has scheduled two public hearings in Docket No. 2020-125-E, involving Dominion Energy South Carolina, Inc.’s request for a rate increase. These public hearings are your chance to speak before the Commission and share your thoughts on the utility’s request and your experiences with Dominion Energy. Here’s the simple process through which you can register:
- Pick a date. The two dates and times are January 5th, 2021 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and January 7th, 2021 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Call or email the Commission. Either call 803.896.5133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide your information. When you call or email, you’ll need to tell the PSC your name, the telephone number you want them to call you back at, the date you’ve chosen to speak, and whether you’ll be testifying over the phone or in person.
- Prepare to testify. If you’re testifying in person, arrive at the Commission office (101 Executive Center Drive, Suite 100, Columbia, SC 29210) a few minutes early and wait in your car. A Commission representative will text you when it’s your turn to enter the building. If you’re testifying over the phone, a Commission representative will call you when it’s your turn to speak.
- Testify. First, you’ll be sworn in, since your testimony will be part of the record of this case, then speak for up to three minutes on your opinion. After you’ve finished, stay on the line! Commissioners may have questions for you. If not, you’re all done.
If you’re testifying in person, you’ll need to wear a mask and wait outside the building until its your turn to testify—the Commission will be sterilizing the hearing room after each speaker. If you have questions, email us at email@example.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter to touch base with us.